Catoctin Creek is pleased to announce the limited release of our Pearousia Barrel "Old Tom" style Watershed Gin. We took our regular, award-winning Watershed Gin, and set some aside for a time to rest in a re-used Pearousia pear brandy barrel. The result is a golden, rich, and surprisingly fruity gin which gleams in those cocktails made for Old Tom gins, like the famous Ramos Gin Fizz.
Each 750 mL bottle is bottled at 92.4 proof (46.2% ABV). The Virginia ABC price is $50.90.
The formal release schedule for the "Old Tom" Watershed Gin is:
At the Distilery:
- Sunday, March 1 -- Available for purchase to VIP members, until March 14
- Sunday, March 8 -- "Ramos Gin Fizz" Shake Off Event -- For VIP members, a cocktail party celebrating the new gin with classic cocktail fun!
- Sunday, March 15 -- Available for purchase to the general public
At Weygandt Wines in DC:
- Saturday, March 14 -- Chad will be pouring tastings at Weygandt Wines with the new gin, among other Catoctin Creek products
At Hank's on the Hill in DC:
- Monday, March 16 -- Launch party at Hanks on the Hill from 5pm - 7pm, featuring a $5 happy hour punch and special cocktail menu at $10 apiece.
The new Catoctin Creek Pearousia Barrel "Old Tom" Watershed Gin will only be available in limited release, and each bottle is hand numbered. Look for this and more exciting releases to come in 2015.