The Orange EndowMINT Cocktail
This cocktail comes to us from Emily Landsman, who writes for the Jewish Food Experience. Combining orange juice and Mosby's Spirit along with a refreshing dose of mint, and you have a very satisfying summer cocktail! This one could easily be upscaled into a punch. Try floating a few sprigs of mint on the punch bowl and you'll have something that will keep your summer party guests raving!
1½ oz Catoctin Creek Mosby's Spirit
1½ oz freshly squeeze orange juice
¼ Triple Sec or orange liqueur
2 large sprigs of fresh mint
Large pinch of superfine sugar (do not use powdered sugar)
Additional mint for garnish
- In a rocks glass, muddle the mint and sugar until the mint is broken up into tiny pieces.
- Next, shake the Mosby’s Sprit, triple sec and Minneola orange juice with ice*.
- Add ice to the rocks glass and strain the drink into the glass. Stir.
- Twist the orange zest over the glass to release oils and drop it into the glass, then add a fresh mint sprig to garnish.
* Batch the Mosby’s Spirit, triple sec, and orange juice ahead of time to easily serve several cocktails. Do not add ice until ready to serve. At that point, add ice, stir well and then pour into glasses.
Recipe and photo courtesy Emily Landsman and the Jewish Food Experience and used with permission.