Catoctin Creek is pleased to present, our FIFTH year of this six-part educational series on the art of the cocktail. This year, we have all new content exploring the canonical books of each generation of bartending since the beginning of cocktails through modern times.
Starting in January, Scott Harris, founder and distiller at Catoctin Creek, will appear in the tasting room every Friday for this six-week series. Beginning at 7pm, Scott will personally guide you through the construction of several cocktails, including the old classics, and modern takes on the cocktail! There will be samples for sharing, and you are encouraged to buy bottles to take home with you and practice. Lots of practice.
This year, we will also have the books used in the class available for sale to take home at discounted prices.
Here is the schedule of the series:
- January 3 - Jerry Thomas' Bartenders Guide, How to Mix Drinks, Receipts for Mixing..., published 1862.
- January 10 - Harry McElhone & Wynn Holcomb, Barflies and Cocktails, 300 Recipes, published 1927.
- January 17 - Harry Craddock, The Savoy Cocktail Book, published 1930.
- January 24 - Leo Cotton, ed., Old Mr. Boston De Luxe Official Bartender's Guide, published 1960.
- January 31 - Gary Regan, The Bartender's Bible, 1001 Mixed Drinks..., published 1991.
- February 7 - NO CLASS THIS DAY. We are otherwise occupied this evening.
- February 14 - Kara Newman, Shake. Stir. Sip., published 2016.
NOTICE ON SNOW DAYS: If we have to cancel a class because of weather, we will reschedule the date to February 21, February 28, etc. Your reservation will be honored for the snow date, or you may get a refund if you are unable to make the new date.
If you don't know anything about cocktails, you'll love this class. If you're already an expert, come and enjoy some casual conversation and a few drinks. The cost is $35 per person and includes drinks. Sign up for all six and receive two FREE Catoctin Creek rocks glasses.
|What:||Art of the Cocktail|
|Where:||120 W. Main Street |
|When:||Every Friday from January 3 to February 14 |
(some exceptions, see above)
7:00pm - 9:00pm
(includes four cocktails)
This class will fill up, so reserve your spot now! Due to overwhelming demand and the intimate size of our tasting room, space is limited to the first 30 people responding.
Per ABC laws, cocktail samples will be limited to four pours with 0.5 oz of liquor in each pour.