Battle of the Bartenders - Richmond Edition!
Who will reign supreme in RVA?
Join us for a memorable evening in the stunning Black Iris Gallery. Witness six bartenders battle for the title of RVA's finest and enjoy commentary from the bartenders, hosts and judges. Have a chance to experience the Black Iris venue while sampling each cocktail entry, enjoy a Catoctin Creek Distillery portfolio tasting and bar takeover and vote for your favorite bartender for the coveted People's Choice award!
Where: Black Iris Gallery - 321 West Broad St, Richmond VA 23220
When: February 25th 2019 starting at 5pm
Tickets: $25 at the door. Early Bird online purchases $20. $10 for Black Iris Club Members. Ticket's available on EventBrite.
Think you got what it takes and want to be a contender? Here's how you can earn your chance to be crowned RVA's Finest!
- Let us know who you are, what restaurant/bar you represent and share a number and email in which to contact you at in the event of being selected.
- Come up with an original name and recipe for your Catoctin Creek cocktail
- All cocktails must be made with either the Catoctin Creek Roundstone Rye 80 Proof or Watershed Gin 92 Proof
- Catoctin Creek must be the predominant based ingredient to qualify.
- It must be something that can be fairly easily recreated at Black Iris and at the Catoctin Creek Distillery to comply (i.e. homemade shrubs, tinctures, infusions, syrups, waters, charcoal, butterly pea flower, salts, peppers, other spices and smokes are fine, but I would avoid drinks that call for a 2 year house barrel aged, homemade vermouth, centrifuge separated, gastromolecular modified, dry iced ash from Oaxaca shamans, etc. You get the idea). Make it something spectacular but you'd make at your bar that you would allow your fellow bartenders to recreate again and again when you are not there.
- Send a high quality photo of the cocktail with the bottle of Catoctin Creek used to make the drink with a detailed breakdown of the recipe.
The contenders will be contacted and details of event protocol will follow.
There is a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place cash prize. 1st place also wins the Catoctin Creek swag basket, get's their winning cocktail featured for the month of March at Black Iris and Catoctin Creek Distillery—plus bragging rights. People's Choice Award TBA.