The Art of the Cocktail - Our 2nd ONLINE Event with Scott Harris
Catoctin Creek is proud to present, our SEVENTH year of this six-part educational series on the history and the art of the cocktail. This year, we are offering the class as an ONLINE class since we can't have classes in person in the distillery. Here are the logistics of the online class format:
- Lower price for the class (Just $10 per person)
- Each week before the class, we will give you a shopping list of items to purchase, including our spirits. All of our spirits and much of the mixers will be available for purchase on our website for pickup or delivery.
- The day of the class, I will email you a ZOOM link for the class.
- Then, comfortably ensconced in your home, you can follow along with your ingredients and equipment. Keep your camera on so I can see your faces, and feel free to ASK QUESTIONS! I still want this to be an interactive experience!
- We did this online class last summer during the COVID pandemic, and it worked out really well. We had lots of people mention that they really enjoyed the escape for an hour or two each Friday evening, and it had even become like a Date Night for them. I hope it can provide you some much needed social life during these last months (hopefully) of COVID.
Starting in January, Scott Harris, founder and distiller at Catoctin Creek, will appear online via Zoom every Friday for this six-week series. Beginning at 7pm, Scott will personally guide you through the history and construction of several cocktails, including the old classics, and modern takes on the cocktail! Bottles will be available for sale on our ONLINE SHOP so you can get what you need for the workshops.
This year, we're focusing on WACKY and WEIRD ingredients! Things you wouldn't normally make cocktails with, but can find around the pantry. So BUCKLE UP, baby! This is going to be fun!
Here is the schedule of the series:
- January 8 - Cocktails using jams and jellies (Must be jelly, 'cuz jam don't shake like that!)
- January 15 - Cocktails using chili peppers (not the rock band)
- January 22 - Cocktails using legumes and nuts (yes, beans! The Musical Fruit!)
- January 29 - Cocktails using salt (savory and not savory drinks!)
- February 5 - Cocktails using vegetables (drink your vegetables! They're good for you!)
- February 12 - Cocktails using store-bought candy (Don't tell my dentist!)
If you don't know anything about cocktails, you'll love this class. If you're already an expert, come and enjoy some casual conversation and a few drinks. The cost is only $10 per person.
|What:||Art of the Cocktail|
|Where:||120 W. Main Street |
|When:||Every Friday from Sept. 4 - Oct. 9 |
7:00pm - 9:00pm