Weekend in Loudoun
Alex Benedetto and Jean Schindler, both of Cloture Club, were among the lucky DC area food press that were invited for a private weekend tour of Loudoun County, hosted by yours truly. We wined 'em, we dined 'em, we fed 'em, and we toured 'em. Mostly we were just bragging... bragging about the bounteous and beautiful county in which we live. They were suitably impressed:
While this was obviously an amazing foodie weekend, even more inspiring was the collaboration between the many business owners we met. DC may have a dynamic restaurant scene, but Loudoun County’s story is far more intricate -- and sustainable. Let’s just say that Loudoun has arrived on the foodie map.
- Bluewater Kitchen - catering and custom locavore cuisine by Chef Michael Kozitch
- Oakland Green Farm - hand raised, responsibly and sustainably farmed beef
- Bluemont Vineyard - wines and winery tourism
- Lansdowne Resort - luxurious golf and resort accommodations and dining in western Loudoun county
- Market Burger & Fries - handmade, locally sourced burgers, shakes, and hand-cut fries
Photo courtesy Jean Schindler and used with permission.