CONTEST EXTENDED! Due to overwhelming demand, we have extended the dates! See new deadlines below!
Thank you for your interest in the Catoctin Creek Mixology Contest for 2023!
Do you think you have what it takes to be named the Catoctin Creek Mixologist of the year!? If so, sign up below to be chosen as one of six finalists to win a Distillery Expereince in Loudoun County, Virginia. One talented mixologist will be named the Catoctin Creek Mixologist of the year and have the opportunity to collaborate with our tasting room staff on cocktail creation for the next 12 months! After competing against the other 5 winners, the visit to the distillery will include working with the distilling team to run the still, dump a barrel, run the bottling line and taste some samples directly from the barrel! You’ll also be entertained by our team and founders to highlight best in class partnership with Catoctin Creek.
- To participate, you must be a working bartender at a bar or restaurant in the United States.
- Submit your information to the registration form below, by Mar. 15, 2023.
- Create a cocktail with Catoctin Creek as the main spirit and upload it on social media. Must tag @catoctincreek and use #catoctinmixology2023 hash tag by Apr. 15, 2022.
- Contact your distributor to place your Catoctin Creek cocktail on your menu. (No purchase required to enter.)
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ!
Cheers! and Good Luck!!
Scott Harris, founder
Catoctin Creek Distilling Company
Roundstone Rye Tasting Session
Filmed in the Tasting Room of Catoctin Creek Distillery.
Join founder Scott Harris as he guides you through the three varieties of Virginia's most-awarded rye whisky.
- Roundstone Rye 80 proof
- Roundstone Rye 92 Proof Distillers Edition (American’s 3rd best rye, awarded 2020 by Wine Enthusiast)
- Roundstone Rye Cask Proof
A Virtual Distillery Tour
Take a walk around the distillery with the founder Scott Harris on a busy production day. Starting from Main Street entrance you’ll see the mash tank, the fermenters, Barney and Ron (the distillery’s two hybrid potstills), empty barrels ready for filling and finally the bottling station.
Sitting comfortably, with a glass of Roundstone Rye or perhaps a Manhattan or Sazerac.
The History of Rye Whisky
Take a mountain hike with Scott and distillery pup Otto to see the landscape that creates Virginia rye whisky and enjoy a brief history on how production began.
This will be the easiest hike you will ever take! Sit comfortably and pour a glass of Roundstone Rye to sip and taste the essence of the Virginia landscape as you explore it.