Catoctin Creek Roundstone Rye® - 92 Proof
– Wizards of Whisky World Awards 2016
– Good Food Awards, January 15, 2016
– New York World Wine and Spirits Competition, September 8, 2015
– Artisan Awards, October 20, 2014
– The Fifty Best, September 23, 2014
— F. Paul Pacult's Spirit Journal, September 2016
– San Francisco World Spirits Competition, April 24, 2017
– Wizards of Whisky World Awards 2015
– San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2015
Score: 87 (Very Good, Strong Recommendation) "This one goes to 11!"
– Ultimate Spirits Challenge 2015
Score: 87 (Silver Medal - Highly Recommended) "A very spice forward rye that will pop in cocktails."
– Beverage Testing Institute, February 18, 2015
"Amber with an aroma of mint, spices and oak — inviting. A bright, sharp spiciness in the taste from the rye, clean, well-rounded and smooth. Gingerbread and fresh grasses. A solid rye."
– Modern Distillery Age, September 11, 2015
"A bottle of organic Roundstone Rye 92-proof is what you're looking for if you want your socks knocked off. Just the amount of spice you'd expect from a great rye, but it won't have you breathing fire."
– Men's Journal, September 3, 2014
"The release of a premium, 92-proof version of their award-winning 80-proof Roundstone Rye Whisky, hitting shelves in May, is recognizably Roundstone but intensified, with the caramel, maple, and spice tones highlighted and pumped up into something richer."
– Washington Post, April 30, 2014
This whisky is the culmination of several years of planning. "For a few years now, we've been putting whisky away for storage," remarked Becky Harris, Chief Distiller and President of Catoctin Creek Distilling Company. "We pulled some of the more interesting barrels from the back of the barn and decided to release these at a higher proof: a whisky specially curated for flavor, while still being remarkably smooth, as is our existing 80 proof Roundstone."
Think of it as our "Distiller's Reserve" version of Roundstone Rye. Only one in every ten barrels gets selected to be in the Roundstone Rye "92 Proof" whisky.
"We are very excited about this new product," said Scott Harris, Founder and General Manager of Catoctin Creek. "We discussed this new product with customers like Jack Rose Whisky Saloon, The Passenger, and our distributors, and all agreed that this would be a great new product for the distillery. And what's cool, since we're a small distillery, we can be responsive to this kind of market input."
Virginia ABC ordering code 27018; suggested retail price $52.79 per bottle. 46% ABV, 750 ml