From time to time, we like to play a little. We call it research and development.
When these fun little projects turn into something amazing, we release them to the public in very limited quantities. If you see one of these, grab it, because you may never see it again. Most of these projects are 200 bottles or less when released.
Here are some of the projects we've released so far:
- American Malt Whisky Series – A continuing series of "beer-to-whisky" releases, featuring some of the best regional breweries, like Beltway Brewing, Port City, etc. Each one is a unique limited release expression.
- Wolfgang Puck Rye Whisky – A private barrel selection of our Roundstone Rye, finished in California Zinfandel barrels from Ravenswood, and bottled at 92 proof. Exclusively for Wolfgang Puck at CUT Steakhouse at the Rosewood Hotel in Washington DC.
- Roundstone Rye Cask Proof "Maple Finished" – Cask proof Roundstone Rye, finished in a Langdon Wood maple syrup barrel. This one comes around about once a year; it's so popular.
- Old Tom Style "Peach Barrel" Watershed Gin – Our classic Watershed Gin, which is aged in a Short Hill Mountain peach brandy barrel, and then bottled with 10% sugar.
- Old Tom Style "Pearousia Barrel" Watershed Gin – Our classic Watershed Gin, which is aged in a Pearousia pear brandy barrel, and then bottled with 10% sugar.
- Día de los Muertos American Malt Whisky – Our collaboration with Adroit Theory Brewing Company, another delicious malt whisky expression.
- Roundstone Rye Cask Proof "Peach Brandy Finished" – Cask proof Roundstone Rye, finished in one of our own peach brandy barrels, extremely limited! (Only 30 cases produced.)
- Single Cask Nation Catoctin Creek 2 Year Old – Perhaps the best whisky we've ever produced, a distillery in Scotland guessed that it was an 11 year old whisky.
- Single Cask Nation Catoctin Creek 3 Year Old – Aged in white wine casks and kissed by new oak.
- Single Cask Nation Catoctin Creek 4 Year Old – Aged in used Kilchoman sherry butts and an experimental "no cuts" distillate, this is the oldest whisky we've released to SCN to date.
- Roundstone Rye Cask Proof "Brandy Finished" – Our ever-popular cask proof Roundstone Rye, but finished in a Catoctin Creek 1757 Virginia Brandy barrel.
- Kings Mountain American Malt Whisky – Our collaboration with Heritage Brewing Company to produce our first malt whisky.